THE CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF MOVERS IS CANADA’S TRADE ASSOCIATION REPRESENTING MOVING AND STORAGE COMPANIES. OUR MEMBERS INCLUDE MOVERS AND RELOCATION COMPANIES, VAN LINES, INTERNATIONAL MOVERS BOTH IN CANADA AND OVERSEAS, SUPPLIERS TO THE INDUSTRY, BUSINESSES THAT PROVIDE MOVING-RELATED SERVICES SUCH AS PACKING SERVICES AND TRADE ASSOCIATIONS IN OTHER COUNTRIES.
The sooner the better. We suggest you start working on your move day around the same time as you list your home for sale. 6 to 8 weeks is the ideal time to book. You do not need a moving date to get an estimate.
Booking your move mid-month or during the winter will allow you take better advantage of increased availability and lower rates.
We offer a wide range of services that handle every aspect of the move, and it is all up to you:
* we only work with our favourite and what we consider the best moving companies
* we are there on moving day to handle any unforeseen issues
* we have our own packing teams and we unpack and put -away as well
* we handle all unwanted items and furniture through donation or removal
* we handle all third party services required
Here’s just a few reasons:
- because your career obligations don’t allow for you to manage this stressful task yourself
- because you’re ill;
- because you’re too busy;
- you’re in another country/province;
- you just had a baby;
- you’re not physically able to
- stress and anxiety are an issue, and I deal with it so you don’t have to
It is customary to tip your packers and movers. Typically it depends on the size of the move, so ask your consultant. It also depends on the level of service you received, and whether they did extra tasks for you and with positive attitudes.